Your performance in the Analytical Writing section of the GRE can make or break your overall GRE scores. Vibrant Publishers’ GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to the Real Essay Topics is especially designed keeping in mind GRE aspirants’ need for quick, effective and time-saving strategies that will help them perform better in their essays.
We list out some salient features of the book that we found immensely valuable:
- The book presents separate strategies for solving Issue Tasks and Argument Tasks, which allows you to pay adequate and individual attention to both question types.
- With twenty-five samples each for Issue and Argument tasks, you get ample practice and a better understanding of how you are expected to perform on your essays. Along with the sample essays, the book provides you with rubrics, prompts, and tips that will help you craft well-structured and convincing essays.
- The sample responses can serve as a template for you to practice your own essays. Pay close attention to the structure, language and use of vocabulary. Moreover, since each sample essay corresponds to the highest score, it serves as a perfect benchmark for you to set your standards.
- Each essay is unique in its approach. The sample responses help you develop a viewpoint and find evidence to support the same. For example, it is in your favor to know when to employ a first-person view and when to support a viewpoint with examples or references. The book contains some expert strategies, which will help you brainstorm over a wide range of questions and solve them with ease.
- By comparing your scores against the scoring guides given in the book, you can monitor your preparation for the Analytical Writing section and track your progress at different stages.
All in all, GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to the Real Essay Topics will help you streamline your essay writing process and make you a more confident writer. Click here to buy your copy today!
Read the book review of Analytical Writing Insights on the revised GRE General Test.